Intoduction to Logic
This one day intensive course will cover everything required to get started producing in Apple’s industry standard DAW. The course focuses on working with Logic arrange and mixer views, manipulating audio and MIDI as well as using a range of Apple’s built in software instruments.
No experience of Logic is necessary and all equipment is provided. Each workstation will consist of an iMac running Logic Studio, Evolution MIDI controller keyboard and Headphones.
Course tutor: John Walls
John is a Belfast based DJ/Producer and Apple Certified Pro for Logic 9. He has been delivering multimedia and music technology programmes in the business and education sectors for over 8 years as well as producing and remixing for local bands such including Audiables and The Motion Project to name a few.
- Configuring Logic
- The Logic Interface
- Using the Loop Browser, Bin and Media Browser
- Creating Multitrack Loops
- Creating Sequences
- The Mixer Window
- Levels, Pan and EQ
- Programming Patterns in Ultrabeat
- Creating Drum Sequences
- Editing MIDI using the Piano Roll Editor
- Real Time Recording with MIDI keyboards
- Editing Note Velocities
- Using the Sampler
- Configuring Audio Settings
- Recording and Importing Audio
- Recording Takes
- Creating Comps
- Timestretching audio with the Flex tool