2 Day Course
Tutors : Gleave Dobbin & Robbie Nelson
I-DJ Academy is now offering a Two Day course designed purely for experienced DJ’s who are looking to improve their overall DJing abilities.
This is where you can get creative with your mixing. If you have mastered basic beat matching and want to get the most from the latest DJ technology then these are the skills you’ll need. We will look at CD mixing, MP3 mixing, effects, set structure and recording.
Pro DJs will show you how to add a real performance element to your set and how to put together a professional demo to get those all-important gigs. We teach in small groups and every student has their own decks and mixer in class to ensure plenty of hands-on experience and one-to-one coaching. We will work with you to push your DJ’ing as far as your abilities will allow, taking advantage of all the DJ tips and tricks that are available nowadays to push your mixing as far as possible.
We find that if you have mastered the basic beat matching techniques, more advanced skills are easier to pick up and you will be amazed at how much you can learn in just one weekend. Spending the weekend with a pro club DJ really does make the difference, giving you the chance to ask all those questions that you have always wanted to ask the Pro’s.
COURSE STRUCTURE (DAY 1)
- PROFESSIONAL TIPS TO ENSURE A SOLID DJ TECHNIQUE
- RESOLVE PROBLEM AREAS WITH YOUR MIXING
- APPLICATION OF EQ, MONITORING, PANNING, LEVEL MATCHING AND PHRASING
- MIXING DIFFERENT STYLES
- LIVE PEFORMANCE COACHING
- IN/OUT OF THE MIX USING EQ’S, LEVELS AND TRICKS
- EFFECTS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL EFFECT UNITS AND HOW TO USE THEM)
COURSE STRUCTURE (DAY 2)
- PUTTING DEMOS TOGETHER
- ACAPELLA MIXING
- THE ART OF A WARM UP / MAIN SET DJ (DO’S AND DONT’S)
- THE INDUSTRY (HOW TO GET YOURSELF OUT THERE)
- STUDENTS WORK TOWARDS A LIVE BACK TO BACK GROUP MIX THAT IS RECORDED TO SHOW THE SKILLS THAT THEY HAVE LEARNT.
- STUDENTS ALSO RECEIVE THE RECORDED MIX AND CERTIFICATE ON COMPLETION OF COURSE.